martedì 14 agosto 2007

Movin' the mobili :P

Yeah, I've been doing it since I was little and I admit to it!!!! I do belong to the group of people who enjoy to move around the furniture in a room always in search of the best position of everything. I do not know whether it is an impulse or wish to change something in my life (there will be enough change, so that doesn't seem to be the point) or the satisfaction that after moving the room always seems bigger somehow. (And, if you ask me they call themselves "mobili" in Italian because that's exactly what they are- mobile. :)

Always? Ooops, no, that's not entirely true, I remember just last year in Münster when I moved around the furniture for hours (I have a way of doing it all by myself and not emptying the dressers and shelves) and in the end did not like it!!! I then tried another combination and another one until I finally had to admit that everything was in the exact same position as it was before! Oh, what a shame!!! ;)

But this time (thanks to wireless internet) I had a REAL reason to do it. I had to move my desk which was formerly positioned at the left side of the window in order to have more light at my working place. Considering that I'm going to spend a lot of time here once school starts that seems a rather good idea. Before the wireless internet it was unfortunately not possible to move things around like I wanted it. But now, without all the cables here I am. The desk is now sitting to the right of the window and the light is actually shining on it! I did see the difference right away as I was unable to see how dusty the surface of the desk had become before I moved it. After I did!! Yay!!!

The bed is now to the right of the door and I hope that the noise from the hall is not going to wake me in the mornings. There is a signora here who wears very high and shrill sounding heels and that on the old stone steps makes quite a racket in the hall. Well, let's hope for the best. Near the window last night I was woken by a thunderstorm and a heavy rainfall so no matter where you sleep there's always something. :) For example a loud miaowing Momo at eight in the morning.... He has really taken to miaowing extremely loud if he wants something or if he wants us to get up. What a cat!!!

Nessun commento: