lunedì 18 giugno 2007

Vet

Today we're going to take our kitten to the vet. He still has a cold that he doesn't seem to beat and yesterday his eye was all swollen up and infected, the poor thing. Today it's much better as it's a rule among cats to always get sick or hurt on Sundays when the vet's closed. Right now he is sleeping on my leg, having played all morning and even been outside for quite a bit. He really knows what he wants. If we don't let him outside he miaows until we get annoyed and open the door. But he's real good outside, staying in the yard and returning after a while.

Meanwhile my sunflowers are finished for the summer. The birds started picking on two of them before they were even in full bloom and they died. Today I took some seeds from the biggest and prettiest before the birds steal them all. I now planted some ranking plants in two of the pots and in one some olive seeds. The other day I also finally got a big vase for my window in which I want to plant a mixture of several cascading plants and a summer flower misture all in pink. It will look rather beautiful as the house is painted a light cream color that is almost rosè. I only need to get some soil now.

I also want to get some flowers for the kitchen that don't need a lot of sun. We do get sun there in the morning (I think it's north-east) but the basilicum and other spices I put there didn't grow well.

2 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

sorry to hear your cat is sick. miss you Silke. i guess i should email more often. do you still have messenger of any sort? maybe we could catch up on there one day? i miss you.

love,

lindsay

Silke ha detto...

Ciao Lindsay,

Ah, my cat is already much better and it never was real serious. Right now I don't use any messenger because they are too slow on this computer.

A presto,
Silke