venerdì 15 giugno 2007

Caitlin and Amanda

I just received another email from a very dear friend in America. In her letter she wrote she will be 17 soon and to think that we met when she was eight!! In fact I met her at some relative's farm in Idaho where I used to spend my summers when I was younger. She and her sister Amanda were my most patient English teachers and I babysat them sometimes or supervised them in the swimming pool. We did all kind of fun things together. She is now planning on coming to visit next summer!! I'm very happy that I'm still in touch with her and I love how open she is to other cultures and languages. She has been studying Italian all by herself and sometimes we write each other in Italian. A very smart young lady!! It is fun when you keep in touch and see them when they're all grown up, making their way in life.

And I do miss my other two au pair kids in Colorado and California. I want to see them again! Little Katie and little Kai. They were so very young I doubt they'd recognize me. Boh, time goes by so quickly!!!

Nessun commento: