sabato 12 gennaio 2008

...and even more snow

A little later: Well, we ventured into town to the two nearest shoe stores and it was quite an adventure! Everybody was slipping, sliding, evitating ponds of water, slipping on compressed snow that had become like ice, navigating umbrellas of other passengers, cars were splashing water everywhere and all the time it kept snowing.


About two steps from the house my boots were already filled with ice-cold water! In the first store I didn't find what I was looking for so we "swam" down to Botty. There I found a great pair of snow boots, light blu and very warm and comfortable! (And not exceedingly expensive like the ones in the other store). I had brought a pair of dry socks so I put them on and left the boots right on. Returning home was still quite a challenge, however, as much as the sidewalks and streets are full of a mixture of snow pushed aside by the snowplows, water that has nowhere to go and frozen snow and ice (photo: the street behind the house right now, in the background Castel Grande)

My cat Momo has decided to relax and sleep all day, after checking that the weather was the same leaving by the living room doors and the front door, so now he is yawning in my face, looking happy to be inside.

Nessun commento: