sabato 1 settembre 2007

Three!

Be' it's the final countdown. (Sound of trompets...) I woke around eight or rather my cat woke me around eight purring around my head stepping on my face and pushing his wet nose into my ear. Yucky!!! But sooooo cute, too. He does that every morning, purring because he woke in a place that he likes with people he likes. At least that's what I think. He certainly isn't a great purrer but in the mornings he goes like a lawn-mower. Rrrrrrrrr-rrrrrrrr-rrrrrrr-mao---rrrr.
He also kind of anounces himself at the door, it's so cute. He does a real short miaow that sounds like "Ciao!".

Right now he's outside exploring the wonderful world of Bellinzona. And when he returns he usually does a real long loud miaow so that we all realize that he's back!

I just sent a message to my friend Nury asking her if she wanted to go to the market. After that I decided, I'm going to prepare three lessons, then tomorrow again three and Monday again three. That will be nine and the rest I will prepare during the week. Fortunately, the course at the hospital begins only in two weeks so I get a slightly smaller load of work in the beginning.

I'm so nervous, yesterday at the conference there were so many things and now I hope I can get everything done like they want it. I do love, however, that there's one set of rules that all the teacher and students have/will agree to. Even if "no drawing" was on the list and I know from personal experience that drawing does not take the attention away but rather helps listening... but I can live with that. I'm sure, however, this system will help a lot with the girls (and boys... there are four of them!)

After the conference yesterday I ran into Brigitte with whom I taught at Lingue e Sport and we will definitely meet for lunch sometimes. Then I went down to the lake and there was still a sack of tourists (wow, rather literal translation from Italian "un sacco di..." and it was so strange beeing there and knowing they will all leave but I will stay and be there every day. I'm sure I couldn't have found a more beautiful place in the world for teaching. The sun was real bright and reflected in the greenish-blue of the lake and the wind was moving the palm trees. The mountains in the background seemed crystal clear and the atmosphere was totally peaceful and relaxing.

But it's always the people that make a school and the other teachers seem very friendly and open and some of them said they liked of the school that it was like a small family. And one even saidit was like the two nuns where our moms. Hehe.

I still find all the rules there a bit much but after the chaos of Lingue e Sport it seems, unfortunately, that the kids need them. I talked with another teacher the other day and we found it's really the kids of the kids of the years 60 that are the problem. Seems like the laissez faire education doesn't work or leads to great problems at school. And let's face it, at their age, school is really important because they only got a few years and then all the rest of their life will be determined by their grades...

Nessun commento: