mercoledì 5 settembre 2007

First days of teaching

Well, I have already been teaching for two days and it's going pretty good! The kids are much easier than the ones at "Lingue e Sport". The German class is a still a bit of work but we're on the way. The first and the third class, who have already been at the school for some time are so sweet and wonderful. Teaching the third class is like being on a holiday!!

But the kids from the German class are also quite sweet. Some of them have already talked to me after class, one of them a very smart American girl, who came to me today and asked me where in the US I have been. I asked her if she misses America and she said she did.

This morning when I took the train to Locarno I felt so happy. I was listening to some music "Si, dev'essere così" (Yes, it has to be like that) and outside the windows the beautiful green mountains of the Alps were passing by. Then we arrived at the lake and the air was so fresh and clean it was awesome. I climbed up the hill and it felt great going to work like that, in a beautiful place and with the schooldog waiting at the gate. When I arrived, the teachers and I had coffee together with the nuns and then we all went teaching. We do have coffee together every day at 10:20 talking about the students and joking together.

Well, and now I'm still sitting here, playing around with a program that lets me create crosswords, which I found is a great and playful way to exercise vocabulary for the students.

Nessun commento: