domenica 21 gennaio 2007

De Gustibus

My friend Danny is the same as always, always makes me smile. For the last two days she's been keeping to say "De Gustibus" because she liked the sound of it and she has read it here on the Migros building. She has also learned "mucca", "andiamo", "si", "va bene" and a few other words. She is very happy to be here and everythings so easy around her. She also is a lot like me. When she sees a sunny place she wants to stay and enjoy the sunshine.

However, there's one thing that makes me very afraid for her. If someone here found out how she likes her coffee they'd send the mafia and have her decapitated. I offered her a very good Italian espresso today and what did she do? Mixed some water with a bit of milk, put it in the microwave until it boiled and then added a little bit of espresso. Ma, che schifooooooooooooo!!!

I'm also glad I got to know her husband (how weird that sounds) a little better and I must say, he's fine!!! I think he will take good care of her and make her happy. If not, I will send the mafia. He was mostly fascinated with the cultural differences here, how relaxed everything is, how there is no hurry and no one gets upset over a bit of a mess. He is very impressed with the differences in quality of life here and there.

Tomorrow we will go to Milano again. It better not be ice cold... We have had il favonio for two days and it's been about 30 degrees Celsius in the sun.

Nessun commento: