giovedì 16 novembre 2006

How to cook a bicycle in your kitchen

I found a blog today which was titled "How to cook a bicycle in your kitchen" and liked the creativity of it. Yesterday in class we were supposed to write down the story of Pinocchio.
The Brasilian guy: "But this is about the five zucchini. Pinocchio has lost them."
All of us doubling over with laughter, "Zecchini!!!"
"Okay, so the five zucchini are gone?"
"Yes there are gone and later arrives the fairy with her, how do you say? Baguette?"
"Bacchetta?"
"A fairy with a baguette, oh my goodness...!"
"Let's write it like that, the fairy arrives with-"
"Her five zucchini-"
"And un baguette-"
"And in realità the fairy is French."
...

How fun to be laughing like that with a bunch of people from all over the world, connected by the wish to learn a language but much more connected by our humor and creativity!! And the maestra is really brava, she smiled at us and played along, perhaps knowing like good teachers do, that it is not only important to study but also to be comfortable with each other in class. After class we went out for coffee at the pizzeria nearby and the Russian student gave me a ride to the casa.

Today I went to the biblioteca cantonale. My book has arrived and I'm already halfway through "The Children of Man". I don't know if it is a sign of gross ignorance but I didn't know that P.D. James was a woman!!

Nessun commento: