venerdì 27 luglio 2007

Permesso B

Well, finally I'm in the process of obtaining permesso B, which only has to be renewed every five years and gives me a lot more rights than I had with permesso L. Once you find a job here, it is supposedly no problem obtaining the permesso, especially after Switzerland now joined the Schengen-contracts. That makes things between real Europeans :) and the Swiss a bit easier.

Remains only one problem. Germany now won't issue me an identity card because I don't live there any more. All I can get is the biometric passport, which I'm totally opposed to. I think it's a bit much saving all my data when I'm not a criminal and I don't even want to travel outside Europe. It also not only costs 50 Euro like I thought but 130 Euro. That's completely insane, sorry. I'm not even convinced that it's entirely true that you cannot get a German identity card once you live outside Germany as that's what the consulat in Lugano told me. I'm going to try and ask other embassies in Switzerland and if all else fails even in Italy.

As long as everybody here accepts my Swiss passport I won't have problems, however. But when I was flying to Germany they wouldn't accept it. So sooner or later I will have to find a solution,,,

Nessun commento: