venerdì 13 luglio 2007

Bergum

After a hot three hour drive (lots of traffic) we finally arrived at Bergamo ieri, a city in Northern Italy in the foothills of the Alps and much bigger than any city here. We took the funicolare (a train that takes you up the hill) to the historic city center and went up to the garden from where you have a breathtaking view over the Alps, and the piano del Po. I really fell in love with that place.

The downtown is not as beautiful but I got to see as many Vespas as I wanted. I think I have finally decided in favor of the red one. It is also much safer than the other Vespas because of its color. In the "città alta" (the historic part) I also had the best focaccia I had ever eaten. I made quite a lot of photos and I will try to put them online later on.

Nessun commento: