martedì 1 maggio 2007

Yesterday, Lago Maggiore

Yesterday we had some hours to pass between my two job interviews and so we took a catnap on the shore of Lago Maggiore. The sand was still warmed by the sun but a thunderstorm was building up over the mountains. Oh, I wish you could've seen it! It was so pretty with the lightenings over the mountains and the thunder rolling, the threatening black clouds over the water and the lake all upset making little waves on the shore. The thunderstorm kept to the other side of the lake until I had to leave for the interview at a privat school at Locarno. During the interview I could still hear the thunder rolling and the head of the school said "Che bell temporale!" What a beautiful thunderstorm!! Later we did get some rain and rain we do need desperately. The lake is almost at it's all time low and the river Ticino is becoming smaller and smaller every day. The other day when I returned from Italy with my parents there was already a fire in the mountains above Ascona, with helicopters flying and filling their water sacks in the lake...

Nessun commento: