martedì 10 aprile 2007

My class

I like sitting at the wooden kitchen table preparing my lessons. I imagine every of my students how they will deal with my little tasks and challenges and I know already who will volunteer for what and what kind of exercises they like. And I create word cards and prepare little games and cubes and quizzes. They are a wonderful class, very talkative and open, funny and motivated. Tomorrow night I will take the train to Lugano and then the bus and when I arrive at Naronco I walk into the office and they all greet me and ask me how I am and we will chat for a couple of minutes until one of them says, "daiiii, iniziamo!!" and they all walk into the little room and we begin to work with words and phrases and laugh and learn. And I know they have been working all day and they must be tired but they are wonderful students and I just love teaching them my language even if I have arrived at a point where I do prefer speaking Italian. But I know that the classroom is where I want to be and teaching is what I want to do and sometimes that seems so strange because I remember so well being a student myself...

Nessun commento: