mercoledì 31 gennaio 2007

The things that change

My life has changed a lot during the last year and it is going to change again this year. I can definitely not complain of being bored!! There are quite a few plans and ideas at this point of time, hopes and fears. I have sent out my first application Monday. With all the horror stories in mind of how long it took some of my friends to find a first job I wonder how many will follow.

Surely my case is different as I'm looking for work in another country. There are some things that speak in my favor (having lived abroad and speaking two linguages fluently and all the little but important jobs I did while I studied at the WWU) and then there are things that are not so cool like that I'm still learning Italian, being a stranger, not having a car etc.

But then the unemployment rate in Switzerland is three times lower than the one of Germany. At the same time I'm not quite sure whether I want to stay in Switzerland or work in Italy.

This year will definitely be very exciting and I wonder where will I be next year at the same time? Will I finally find a place where I want to settle down and stay? Or will I once again feel the great urge for more adventures, to see more of the world, to experience more, to live free as a bird?

Nessun commento: